The much awaited MBA awards from APIIT
APIIT Graduate School has announced the launch of three new Internal British MBA programmes designed with the aim of transforming professionals and executives to become business leaders. The new programmes are a result of the recently concluded validation event where APIIT was granted the permission to run six brand new masters degrees and twenty undergraduate degrees awarded by Staffordshire University, UK. The addition of these academic programmes provides prospective students with greater flexibility and choices when selecting an area of study or a career path. Apart from the general MBA award the two specialized awards in the fields of Human Resource Management and Finance are also offered. The three MBA programmes are based on a strong belief in the social role of business leadership.
MBA Programme Features
The MBA programme provides an advanced course of study of management within a rapidly changing business environment. The MBA study will explore contemporary approaches to the practice of management and develop individuals of high capability who can apply their knowledge and skills within contemporary business organisations. Students will develop their understanding and ability to apply a range of learning and research methodologies and strategies that are appropriate to business administration. Students will develop critical skills to assess and evaluate the academic literature and other forms of research output that inform current debates within the fields of business and management.
All MBA programmes comprise three levels of award: Postgraduate Certificate (PgC), Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) and Masters Degree (MBA). The duration of the programme is two years. Classes are conducted on two weekday afternoons and every other Saturday afternoon. The MBA awards consist of nine taught modules and a dissertation.
The Unique Features of the MBA programmes offered by APIIT Graduate School-
- Experiential Education focused on the application of theory
- Opportunities for foreign residential workshops
- Opportunities to network globally
• Internal British MBA qualification: MBA programmes from the Business School are internal degrees from Staffordshire University, UK. All MBA awards are closely monitored by Staffordshire University to ensure that the quality standards are maintained.
• Flexible Programme Delivery: Undertaking postgraduate study and to reap benefits of a MBA qualification require skilful and balanced investment of time. To facilitate the participation of working professionals/executives, postgraduate programmes are offered on a semester basis and provide a flexible study pattern. Modules are delivered during two weekday evenings and one weekend over a 12-week semester. In a semester students will follow two modules each having 36 contact hours. Generally students are given one week for revision before the final examination or course work submission. Students are further encouraged to carry out independent studies leading to the completion of continuous assessment and coursework.
• Academic Faculty: APIIT Graduate School has an excellent panel of lecturers who offer a stimulating and challenging learning experience. Our full-time faculty is supplemented by visiting lecturers, experienced industry leaders and experts. In addition to Staffordshire University, APIIT Graduate School collaborates with international partners from Malaysia and India to share resource personnel.
• Industry-based Dissertation: The research work is an integral part of the MBA awards and is closely supervised by faculty members from APIIT-Sri Lanka & APIIT-Malaysia. Students are encouraged to complete an industry-based dissertation that is directly relevant to their work. Training on research methods will be provided to enhance knowledge and understanding of research.
• Excellent Student Support Services: The APIIT Graduate School provides a supportive study environment. Students are provided with individual assistance on academic matters through our mentoring system. In addition, personal supervisors are also assigned to advise and support the students in relation to their dissertations. Furthermore, students will have access to a range of Staffordshire University services including access to comprehensive online research databases.
With its strong international relations, global standards and single-minded focus on quality in higher education, APIIT has emerged as the higher education institute of choice to achieve one's dreams and career goals. Surely, it's more than a degree that you will receive at APIIT. Students wishing to experience the APIIT Advantage and register for the inaugural intake of the MBA programmes are advised to contact Erandi on 0777535393 or email@example.com, or visit our state- of- the- art APIIT City Campus at 388, Union Place, Colombo 2 for assistance.