The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme is awarded by the prestigious Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. AIT is ranked number 1 in Thailand and 14th in Asia while its ranked 7th in Asia for diversity and 18th in the world for Return on Investment by the QS World University rankings of 2021. The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is intended to provide further preparation and skills for working professionals to reenter industry upon graduation. Both educational qualifications and work experience are taken into consideration for admission to the DBA program.
The DBA is aimed at those who want to learn about the opportunities and challenges of qualitative research in business management. It includes topics on observational field research, case histories, narratives, and case studies, interviewing, principles of action research, evaluation and ground theory.
The course makes students aware of how the choice of different methodologies is closely linked to broader theoretical and conceptual issues, philosophical commitments and behavioral assumptions in qualitative social science research. The DBA aims to engage students in the process of making strategic and appropriate research design choices from a variety of qualitative research methods appropriate for social science research. The course will help students to gain knowledge about a range of core qualitative data collection techniques and understand the sampling and recruitment strategies that frame data collection. Doctoral students will also learn qualitative data analysis techniques to adopt in relation to a research objectives and questions. Essential data collection techniques, such as semi-structured interviewing as well as focus group composition, will be complemented with knowledge about conducting content analysis, thematic analysis, and data coding and analysis techniques.
- Approaches of qualitative research
- Methods of qualitative research
- Foundations of management research
- Management research methods and writing
- Data strategies & hypotheses testing
- Building models that link to theory
- Research Specialisation
- Completion of online DBA application.
- Completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution with strong academic records and submission of academic transcript and certificate of degree. A master’s degree from a recognized institution prior to entry to the DBA is preferred. However, if one does not have a master’s degree prior to entry to the DBA, eligibility will be based on their professional experience and equivalent qualifications.
- It is recognized there is variation among grading systems in regions of the world. There is a minimum of 2.75/4.0 GPA from undergraduate degree (no candidates will be admitted below this minimum) required for the DBA.
- Five years of prior work experience is preferred. We expect most DBA candidates will enter with at least five years of work experience but some highly qualified DBA candidates may enter with fewer. And we expect most DBAs, in fact, will be accumulating additional work experience while in the program.
- One Letter of Recommendation is required prior to enrolment. Candidates may submit either the one-page standard recommendation form. Alternatively, the referee may write a letter and send it to the Admissions Office by email.
- All candidates must have evidence of English proficiency (please see the English requirements).