LLB (HONS) LAW
The LLB (Hons) Law delivered at APIIT is a British Law Degree awarded by Staffordshire University, UK. It is a full-time, three-year degree programme identical to the LLB (Hons) Law programme offered on campus at Staffordshire University.
The degree is designed to prepare students for the legal profession. A problem based approach to teaching and learning ensures a strong focus on real-world legal skills, independent study and legal research. The overall aim is to produce law graduates who will make a significant contribution to the society while pursuing rewarding careers.
The Staffordshire University LLB (Hons) Law degree will give you not only an in-depth knowledge of law, but also the skills and competence needed for the legal profession. The programme encourages you to think critically about law and develop skills in research, analytical thinking, dispute resolution, negotiation, public speaking, presentation, communication, and team work.
In Year 1, you will learn the principles of law and acquire basic legal skills. In Year 2, while furthering the knowledge on core legal principles, you will have the opportunity to study Business Law and Public Law. In the final year, you may choose from a wide range of optional modules based on your interests and career aspirations.
Teaching and learning is through lectures, tutorials and workshops. Whilst lectures are very important, there is great emphasis on tutorials and workshops that promote peer learning as well as independent learning. Workshops take a variety of forms such as debates, discussions, individual and group presentations, and interviewing and advocating.
- Legal English
- English Legal System
- Tort Law
- Constitutional Law
- Law in Practice
- Contract Law
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Law
- European Union Law
- Property Law & Application
- Business Law & Commercial Awareness – Optional
- Community Safety – Optional
- Introduction to the Law of Evidence – Optional
- E- Commerce – Optional
- Work Experience Module – Optional
- Law of Trust and Equitable Remedies
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Optional
- Artificial Intelligence Law – Optional
- Dissertation – Optional
- Company & Commercial Law – Optional
- Contemporary Development in Criminal Law – Optional
- Employment Law – Optional
- Family Law – Optional
- Cyber Law – Optional
- Human Right – Optional
- International Human Rights – Optional
- Jurisprudence – Optional
- Mooting – Optional
- Private International Law – Optional
- Digital Project – Optional
- Sri Lankan Labour Law – Optional
- Sri Lankan Company Law – Optional
- Intellectual Property Law – Optional
- GCE Advanced Level
- Sri Lankan: 3 passes or
- London, Cambridge or Edexcel : 3 D passes or
- Any combination totalling to 12 points from the following tariff scheme:
|GCE Advanced Level Grade
Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology Law Degree Foundation
- GCE/GCSE Ordinary Level – Credit Passes (Grade 4) for English
- Equivalent qualifications
You may apply pending A/L results.
The Staffordshire University LLB (Hons) Law degree is recognized by the Council of Legal Education, the governing body of the legal profession in Sri Lanka. As a Staffordshire Law Graduate, you will gain entry to the Sri Lanka Law College after successful completion of the special entrance examination. APIIT will prepare you with the necessary knowledge and skills to withstand the demands and challenges of the profession.