LLB (HONS) LAW – Digital
The LLB (Hons) Law – Digitall delivered at APIIT is a British Law Degree awarded by Staffordshire University, UK. It is a full-time, three-year degree programme identical to the LLB (Hons) Law – Digital programme offered on campus at Staffordshire University.
The degree is designed to prepare students who have expertise in digital law in the legal profession. A problem based approach to teaching and learning ensures a strong focus on real-world legal skills, independent study and legal research. The overall aim is to produce law graduates who will make a significant contribution to the society while pursuing rewarding careers.
LLB Digital pathway is highly innovative and reflects the rapid development of the Information Age and its intersection with legal practice. It offers core modules in areas of substantive digital law as well as opportunities to develop students’ practical digital skills in Digital Forensics and an industry-informed research project.
By choosing the LLB (Hons) Law digital pathway, students can create a highly personalised programme, selecting from the range of optional modules in the 3rd year, which include subjects in the Public Law and digital arenas.
Teaching and learning is through lectures, tutorials and workshops. Whilst lectures are very important, there is great emphasis on tutorials and workshops that promote peer learning as well as independent learning. Workshops take a variety of forms such as debates, discussions, individual and group presentations, and interviewing and advocating.
- Legal English
- English Legal System
- Tort Law
- Constitutional Law
- Law in Practice
- Contract Law
- Administrative Law
- Criminal Law
- European Union Law
- Property Law & Application
- E- Commerce
- Digital Investigation
- Law of Trust and Equitable Remedies
- Cyber Law
- Artificial Intelligence Law
- Digital Research Project
- Company & Commercial Law – Optional
- Contemporary Development in Criminal Law – Optional
- Employment Law – Optional
- Family Law – Optional
- Human Right – Optional
- International Human Rights – Optional
- Jurisprudence – Optional
- Mooting – Optional
- Private International Law – Optional
- Digital Project – Optional
- Sri Lankan Labour Law – Optional
- Sri Lankan Company Law – Optional
- Intellectual Property Law – Optional
- GCE Advanced Level
- Sri Lankan: 3 passes or
- London, Cambridge or Edexcel : 3 D passes or
- Any combination totalling to 12 points from the following tariff scheme:
|GCE Advanced Level Grade
Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology Law Degree Foundation
- GCE/GCSE Ordinary Level – Credit Passes (Grade 4) for English
- Equivalent qualifications
You may apply pending A/L results.
The Staffordshire University LLB (Hons) Law degree is recognized by the Council of Legal Education, the governing body of the legal profession in Sri Lanka. As a Staffordshire Law Graduate, you will gain entry to the Sri Lanka Law College after successful completion of the special entrance examination. APIIT will prepare you with the necessary knowledge and skills to withstand the demands and challenges of the profession.